Thursday, April 30, 2009

Thelonious Monk - Solo Monk (1964)


Solo Monk, recorded mostly in 1964, features only Thelonious Monk playing piano compositions that are only about half his. I don't know a whole lot about jazz, nor am I a piano player, so I can't try to talk about the intricacies and genious of Thelonious Monk, but it's kind of cool to hear him just playing around on the piano by himself.

Track Listing:
Side One
1. Dinah (Akst, Lewis, Young)
2. I Surrender, Dear (Barris, Clifford)
3. Sweet and Lovely (Arnheim, LeMare, Tobias)
4. North of the Sunset (Monk)
5. Ruby, My Dear (Monk)
6. I'm Confessin' (That I Love You) (Daugherty, Neiburg, Reynolds)
Side Two
7. I Hadn't Anyone Till You (Noble)
8. Everything Happens To Me (Adair, Dennis)
9. Monk's Point (Monk)
10. I Should Care (Cahn, Stordahl, Weston)
11. Ask Me Now (Monk)
12. These Foolish Things (Remind Me of You) (Link, Marvell, Strachey)

Monk (1964) - 320kbps

No comments:

Post a Comment